Tuesday, May 15, 2012


New to the Team!

Hi everyone! My name is Kim and I am the newest addition here to The Pet Stop team as the accountant.
Originally from Boston, MA, I moved to sunny Miami over 5 years ago with my husband and our then-growing family. We currently have 3 small children and 2 dogs – Bruno, an almost-5-year-old Boxer/English Pointer mix and Manolo, a 3-year-old Fila Brasileiro (Brazilian Mastiff). They are the furry loves of my life! I don’t know what I’d do without either of them; they’re really the best dogs on the planet. OK, maybe I’m a little biased… but they ARE fantastic. J
For as long as I can remember, I have been an avid pet lover. Well, more like a fanatic! From the time I was 5, I had been known to chase down the stray pets in the neighborhood to reunite them with their owners. Everyone around me was convinced I’d become a veterinarian but fate had other plans for me and I ended up in the lovely world of finance. Now that I’ve joined The Pet Stop, I get to combine my love for animals and my professional expertise into one outlet – and I couldn’t have found a more perfect fit, especially being surrounded by incredible coworkers with a huge common interest. 
In addition to being the accountant here at The Pet Stop, I am also (in what little spare time I have) the Vice President of a local not-for-profit dog and cat rescue here in Miami, The Homeless Pet Advocates (THPA).  I have been with THPA since its inception in 2009 in many capacities, including fostering my fair share of pooches – from pit bulls to poodles (literally!)  It has been an incredible experience filled with many ups and equally as many downs – but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I’ve met many great friends as well as made a vast difference in the lives of over 300 pets that would have otherwise suffered or met an untimely fate.
Well, it’s almost time for me to run, so I’ll leave you with a few parting photos to enjoy. Thanks for reading!

BRUNO

MANOLO
 
Best Dogs in my Life!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy that Petstop has found someone as devoted as you. You have made a difference in the lives of many people and animals. It only takes one person to make a difference and you have done it. Congratulations on everything that you have accomplished.

    ReplyDelete