Monday, April 2, 2012


Growing up in South Florida to dog loving Cuban parents, I quickly embraced the fact that pets were not just pets but are part of the family.  As I grew up these four legged siblings had a lot on their plates and I don’t mean just leftovers.  They were in charge of mending broken hearts and healing scrapes and bruises. They were caretakers and friends and the best medicine on sick days.  Never missing a celebration and at times unfortunate events they were always there with a comforting look and a wagging tail.  Bringing unconditional love as their greatest treasure, they have a key part in the person I am today.  My brother and sister have blessed me with a loving nephew and two beautiful nieces. It is a joy to see them growing up with the same love and admiration towards all animals as we did.  This has taught them to be gentle and respect all life and see the beauty in nature.



 As I ponder my blog I wonder what my life would have been like without these pets. I wonder if my sensitivity chip would be lost. I wonder if I wouldn’t have picked up that lost dog and felt the joy of returning him to the owner. I wonder if I would have been able to watch Marley and Me and not cry. I wonder……So as I blog and share my thoughts I realize that my life is turning out just as I want it to be and I’m glad I don’t have to wonder because everything I love is in it.



 I have the pleasure of working with an incredible group of people who love and appreciate pets as much as I do.  I get to come to work every morning and spend the day with “Jimmy” our office mascot and “more human than most humans” Standard Poodle.  Working at The Pet Stop enables me to not only help our customers but learn from them as well.  It is a pleasure to see how many people are just like me, people that love their furry friends as family.  Finding this common ground makes my job all the more special.  After work I come home to my best bud, cleverly named “Buddy”.  He is my best friend, my bodyguard and my child all in one 40lb bundle of love and joy.  Some might not take to his hyper ways but in my eyes he can do no wrong. I can’t imagine my life without him.  I finish my blog hoping that my reflections brought familiarity and a smile to those who love and have or have had special bonds with their pets.






1 comment:

  1. Reading this made me tear up and smile at the same time...I agree 100%...I'm not sure I would be the same person I am today if I didn't have my pets...they make me a more loving, generous, understanding, and kinder person...I have 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 parrot, 1 bunny and a few adopted ducks that live in the lake behind my house...these animals not only better me but also complete me...my 2 daughters adore their pets and all animals in general...it makes me so happy to see their love for animals and brings everything into perspective for me!

    ReplyDelete